ACORN is hiring! Communications and Marketing Coordinator
||Deadline to apply December 31st, 2018
ACORN is the key organization in Atlantic Canada for information on organic agriculture, eating organics, and connecting all the parts together. From seed to farmer to consumer, ACORN works to bring the whole picture together–making food choices healthier and more environmentally responsible. We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to join our team, and have an immediate opening for a one year contract for our Communications & Marketing Coordinator. We are looking for someone who is a talented and energetic self-starter with excellent writing & graphics skills, and proven marketing and project management abilities. An interest or experience in organic agriculture, agro-ecology, and the environment would be considered an asset.
This position requires the following skill set to manage the position responsibilities:
- You will become responsible for our communications and marketing program under the direction of the Executive Director and with input from our farming partners and stakeholders. You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to work independently on your own initiative and as part of a collaborative team.
- You will exhibit clear and concise writing and effective messaging and story-telling. Superior English language skills are required and French bilingualism will be considered a strong asset.
- Your graphic skills show a high level of attention to detail and creativity, and you will possess a strong proficiency in Google applications, Apple productivity tools and graphics programs.
- You are Tech fluent with a current knowledge of social networks and analytic tools.
Working directly with the ACORN team and external partners, you will utilize these skills to carry out the following:
- Create, maintain, and expand ACORN’s online presence including bi-monthly enews, quarterly print newsletter and social media
- Manage the tracking system to monitor digital media engagement and create strategies to improve this over time
- Coordinate email campaigns in collaboration with the Fund Development Coordinator and ACORN staff team
- Maintain our website and coordinate with website developer(s) as needed
- Manage the Communication Intern
- Produce written material and coordination of submissions for potential project bids, submissions, and proposals, and review upcoming RFP opportunities
- Design marketing, communication and promotional materials, including brochures, project profiles, advertisements, posters and presentations, in consultation with a designated Marketing firm, and our members and partners
- Responsible for copywriting, editing and proofreading of all communications and marketing material
- Maintain project photo library, ensuring project photography is kept up-to-date, coordinate with photographer(s) as needed
- Coordinate ACORN’s Organic Ambassador webinar series for Organic Week and develop engagement opportunities for Ambassadors as possible
- Coordinate consumer-facing/public education events
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please forward your cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating your relevant experience and salary expectations and resume, no later than December 31, 2018 – interviews will begin immediately.
While all candidates will be equally evaluated based on the job requirements and competencies, youth 29 years old and younger that are unemployed or are not currently working in their field of study are encouraged to apply.
Please note the specific requirements of the position as included in this advertisement – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: One year contract - January 2019 - January 2020
Location: Sackville, New Brunswick
Compensation Range: $35,100-42,000/year
Vacation starting at 6% per annum.
Participation in ACORN’s Benefits program